Great Art: tips and techniques from an award winning oil and watercolor artist, her work focus is interesting light and shadow patterns. Favorite subjects are Seascapes, Flowers, Still Life, Illustrations, Graphic Design.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Update on the Watch Hill Carousel Oil Painting
I have been working on the Watch Hill, Rhode Island flying horse carousel oil painting again. This carousel is a New England favorite for so many people, it really is a beautiful spot.
I have more of a sunset glow in this shoreline painting now. If you compare my last post http://continuing-oil-painting-of-flying-horse.html on this painting you can see the difference in the colors. I have also started the foreground leaves in the lower right. I still have quite a bit of work to do in the foreground area and the carousel. I will be adding the detail under the roof of the carousel last. Remember this is a big oil painting - 4 feet by 4 feet.
Contact me for further details. Thanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment