I wanted to show all the steps to date for my oil painting of the ocean wave. Starting with my value sketch shown here. Then I started on a 18 x 24" canvas with a drawing using my paint brush with blue oil paint. I added more background water and the sky with clouds.
I continued working on the sky, painting the clouds and the sky color. Working down I painted the background water.
Progressing to the breaking wave detail and roughly painting in the foam and rocks in the foreground.
I have continued painting all the foam patterns on the water. Refining the breaking wave and I started painting the foreground rocks. I still have more to do, such as adding warm highlights to the painting and adding more detail.
I will be finishing the rocks next and then looking at the whole painting to see what areas need improvement.
I should have the next step done in a few days. Thanks, PJ Cook





2 comments:
This is great! I like it!
Amazing
Post a Comment